It has been 20 years since I graduated from high school. Twenty years. 1991-2011. Two decades. It sure doesn’t seem like that long ago. It really does feel like yesterday. But on paper it is a lifetime ago. How do you measure 20 years?
- Shortly after HS graduation I had my heart brutally broken! Thanks for that. Welcome to the journey to adulthood.
- I started and completed college! I squeezed a 4-year degree into 5 1/2 years! That takes talent.
- I’ve become a husband. I have been happily married (to the same woman) for over 17 years. 17 of the past 20 years.
- I’ve become a father. I have 4 boys. I have twins who are 15 and who are working at the cafeteria of the college I graduated from. Weird. They’re like little adults. How did that happen so fast?
- I have built a career. I have had over 10 different jobs, but only one career. Even though my career has been in the same building for the past 10 plus years, the company has changed names 3 times. I’ve moved floors 4 times.
- I’ve lived in 6 different cities in 3 different states.
- I’ve gained over 100 pounds! BUT I was too skinny when I left HS. BUT now I am overweight! BUT I’m on a diet.
- I’ve lost contact with old friends, gained new friends, and have reconnected with many of those old friends! (Thank you Facebook)
- I’ve lost a parent.
Why all the talk of the past 20 years? Well, because my 20-year high school reunion is in a couple of months and there is chatter on the web and Facebook.